At Engel & Völkers New Orleans, our community is our priority. During this time, many of us have a little extra time on our hands and have found ourselves looking for things to do while at home. We have a great checklist for tackling key Spring Cleaning tasks and some home maintenance reminders ideal for this time of year. These suggestions are designed to help you keep your home in working order and maybe even give you the space to keep your personal life (and work) running smoothly.
For a complete guide to Spring Cleaning & Maintenance Tips, visit our blog and download the checklist today. If you need advice or find the need to connect to a local service provider, give us a call! Download a PDF copy of the checklist here.
- Have HVAC serviced and cleaned.
- Clean out gutters & check downspouts for puddling near foundation
- Power wash siding, concrete, patios and outdoor furniture
- Check for leaks around all plumbing, windows and doors.
- Clear dead plants/shrubs & trim trees.
- Inspect roofing for damage, leaks, etc.
- Inspect & repair any grout in tile floors, backsplashes or plumbing fixtures
- Inspect plumbing for leaks, clean aerators on faucets & shower heads.
- Take care of any insect problems & renew your Termite Contract!
- Check decking and patio areas for loose boards or pavers and repair.
- Check and clean dryer vent & other exhausts that vent to the outside
- Ensure attic vents are operating.
- Inspect and change HVAC filters.
- Clean kitchen sink disposal..
- Clean range hood filters
- Inspect your fire extinguisher(s).
- Brush off and hose porches.
- Test smoke/carbon dioxide detectors.
- Test garage door auto-reverse feature.
- Run water and flush toilets in unused spaces.
For even more tips and checklists from a variety of sources including Realtor.com, visit this website.